There are a number of options to work in the UK after your studies. The Home Office UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) has a tier system for UK visas. Some tiers are specifically for working but tiers designed for other purposes may also allow you to work. Please see the below list for more details on some of these visas. For the full list of work visas, please visit the UKVI website. The UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) website has also got a section with concise information on UK work visas that you may find useful.

Please note that all employers have a legal obligation to check a job seeker's eligibility to work in the UK. Some employers who do not usually recruit people from outside the EEA may not know whether you are allowed to work or not. However, every employer can check your eligibility to work in the UK by contacting the UKVI Employer and education providers' helpline.

Working in the UK after your studies

Careers & employability advice

Careers advice and job hunting support is available throughout your time at BU and after you graduate (up to 3 years from when your course ends). Visit our dedicated International Students page in MyCareerHub.