Why study History, Politics & Social Sciences at BU?
- Media-driven environment: Our History and Politics courses are delivered by the Faculty of Media & Communication, where a media-driven environment provides them with a fresh perspective
- Research-active social scientists: Our sociology, social anthropology and criminology courses are delivered by the Faculty of Health & Social Sciences, where you will learn from research-active social scientists
- History with a modern twist: Experts from each of these areas will bring a 21st-century focus to illuminate these more traditional subjects
- Optional work placements: Gain professional experience and follow your passions on an optional work placement
- Diverse career opportunities: Open up career opportunities across a diverse range of sectors – from media to education, public relations, corporate business, local government, police, youth justice, and research
Find a course
Courses with a Foundation Year option: If you don’t yet have the right qualifications to study your chosen subject, a Foundation Year offers an alternative route to access a degree course. It involves an initial year of study that will enable you to progress onto the first year of one of our eligible undergraduate degrees.