Why study Law at BU?
- Help choosing your specialism: We know it’s difficult to decide which area of law you’d like to focus on when you’re setting out on your training, which is why all of our law degrees have the same units in the first semester
- Industry relevant courses: We’ve worked closely with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA), the Bar Standards Board (BSB) and various members of the legal profession to develop course content that reflects the industry today
- Dedicated pathways: If you intend on becoming a solicitor we have a dedicated pathway to assist you in preparing for the stage one Solicitors Qualifying Examination (SQE) assessments. Alternatively, if you're considering becoming a barrister our degrees enable you to take the next step in progressing to the Bar Practice Course (BPC)
- Practical experience in a courtroom environment: Our practical Moot Court tests oral and written skills in a courtroom environment and will give you valuable practical experience
- Placement links: BU has excellent links with a range of legal firms; our students have completed placements with the likes of Mishcon de Reya, Fladgate, Steele Raymond, Lester Aldridge, Law Debenture, Citizens Advice Bureau, the Crown Prosecution Service, Toyota, Honda and local authorities, among many others
- BU law community: You will become part of our vibrant BU law community with professional skills events, alumni talks, high profile speakers and will gain valuable insights from our legal firm networks.