Why study Tourism, Hospitality & Events at BU?
- 30 years’ teaching experience: Study at a university with 30 years’ teaching experience in this subject area – we’ve been named as a Centre of Excellence for Tourism by the Institute of Travel and Tourism, and are certified by the World Tourism Organisation
- Joint-top in the UK for tourism research: Tourism research at BU was rated as joint-first in the UK based on internationally recognised research in the most recent Research Excellence Framework (REF)
- Optional work placement: Gain hands-on experience with an optional work placement
- Internationally renowned: We are internationally renowned in this subject area, ranking in the top 20 for Hospitality & Leisure Management in the QS World University Rankings in 2022, and 2nd in the UK for Hospitality & Tourism Management in Shanghai Ranking’s Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2022
- Accredited courses: Courses accredited by relevant professional bodies, including the Chartered Institute of Marketing, the Association of Project Management, the Institute of Data & Marketing, the Institute of Hospitality and the Institute of Travel & Tourism.