Why study BA (Hons) International Tourism & Hospitality Management at BU?
- You can combine tourism and hospitality, or select optional units to specialise in on or the other
- Regular guest lectures from industry professionals
- You will gain invaluable experience, enhance your employability, and build your network through a placement (which can be anywhere in the world)
- You can study abroad at one of our many partner institutions across the world
- As a popular seaside resort Bournemouth is a perfect location to study this tourism and hospitality
- We are in the top 20 universities in the world for hospitality and leisure management (QS University Rankings 2023), 94% of our graduates are either working or studying fifteen months after graduating
Foundation Year: We have a Foundation Year option for students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the business and management skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the Foundation Year, you will progress to the full degree. If you apply to study the full degree and do not meet the academic entry requirements, our admissions team may consider your application for the Foundation Year and notify you accordingly.
The accreditation bodies on our BA (Hons) International Tourism & Hospitality Management course are renowned industry-wide for promoting excellence and the highest standards, all of which is reflected in the BU Business School Experience.
- Recognition as an Institute of Travel & Tourism (ITT) Centre of Excellence signifies BU as an industry-leading university
- Accreditation by the Tourism Management Institute (TMI) ensures this course meets standards aligned to the needs of the tourism sector, enhancing future employment prospects when you graduate
- Being recognised as a United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO.TedQual) course provides opportunities for you to participate in tourism policy events of the highest level, as well as obtaining placements in the most prestigious tourism organisations globally
- Successful completion of the accredited unit will allow you to acquire the IDM Certificate in Digital and Data-Driven Marketing, from the Institute of Data & Marketing (IDM)
- Accreditation by the leading hospitality professional body, the Institute of Hospitality (IoH), offers numerous benefits to you such as free membership and access to the mentoring scheme.
- Our Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) accreditation is a hallmark of excellence that has been awarded to fewer than 6% of business schools worldwide
Discover more about the BU Business School and explore our campus
Next start date:
September 2024, September 2025
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
4 years full-time including a minimum 30-week work placement. Foundation Year: 5 years full-time including a minimum 30-week work placement.
Institute of Travel & Tourism (ITT), Tourism Management Institute (TMI), United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO.TedQual), Institute of Data & Marketing (IDM), Institute of Hospitality (IoH), Association to Advanced Collegiate Schools of Business
All subjects considered
For September 2024 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. Foundation year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points. For more information check out our full entry requirements.