Why study BA (Hons) Tourism Management at BU?
- We are one of the top-ten ranked universities in the world for the study of tourism and hospitality
- One of the first courses to be offered in the UK and has been refined over three decades to give you the skills and knowledge of the tourism sector
- Taught by industry specialists who are actively involved in research that informs the future of the industry, as well as notable experts during our regular guest lectures
- Pick specialist modules to bring your education in line with your own passions, interests and, ultimately, career aspirations
- Build your network of professional contacts, enhance your CV and employability during the 30-week work placement that can be taken anywhere in the world
- You can study abroad at one of our many partner institutions across the world
- We are proud that 96% of final year students were satisfied with the quality of the course, and 98% of students felt academic staff were good at explaining things.
The accreditation bodies on our BA (Hons) Tourism Management course are renowned industry-wide for promoting excellence and the highest standards, all of which is reflected in the BU Business School Experience:
- Recognition as an Institute of Travel & Tourism Centre of Excellence signifies BU as an industry-leading university.
- Accreditation by the Tourism Management Institute ensures this course meets standards aligned to the needs of the tourism sector, enhancing future employment prospects when you graduate.
- Being recognised as a United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO.TedQual) course provides opportunities for you to participate in tourism policy events of the highest-level, as well as obtaining placements in the most prestigious tourism organisations globally.
- Successful completion of the accredited unit will allow you to acquire the IDM Certificate in Digital and Data-Driven Marketing, from the Institute of Data & Marketing (IDM).
- Accreditation by the leading hospitality professional body, the Institute of Hospitality, offers numerous benefits to you such as free membership and access to the mentoring scheme.
Next start date:
September 2021, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
4 years including a minimum 30-week work placement
United Nations World Tourism Organisation; Institute of Travel and Tourism Centre of Excellence; Institute of Hospitality; Institute of Data & Marketing; Tourism Management Institute
All subjects considered
For September 2021 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. For more information check out our full entry requirements.