Why study BA (Hons) Tourism Management at BU?
- Bournemouth University is second in the UK for hospitality and tourism management according to the Shanghai Rankings of Academic Subjects 2022
- One of the first courses to be offered in the UK and has been refined over three decades to give you the skills and knowledge of the tourism sector
- With an international focus, you'll study tourism management in a wide range of global contexts, as well as drawing on case studies and examples from around the globe
- Taught by industry specialists who are actively involved in research that informs the future of the industry, as well as notable experts during our regular guest lectures
- Pick specialist modules to bring your education in line with your own passions, interests and, ultimately, career aspirations
- Build your network of professional contacts, enhance your CV and employability during the 30-week work placement that can be taken anywhere in the world
- You can study abroad at one of our many partner institutions across the world.
Foundation Year: We have a Foundation Year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the business and management skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the Foundation Year, you will progress to the full degree.
The accrediting bodies on our BA (Hons) Tourism Management course are renowned industry-wide for promoting excellence and the highest standards, all of which is reflected in the BU Business School experience:
- We are an Institute of Travel & Tourism (ITT) Centre of Excellence, signifying BU as an industry-leading university
- Accreditation by the Tourism Management Institute (TMI) ensures this course meets standards aligned to the needs of the tourism sector, enhancing future employment prospects when you graduate
- Recognised as a United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO.TedQual) course provides opportunities for you to participate in tourism policy events of the highest level, as well as obtaining placements in the most prestigious tourism organisations globally
- Successful completion of the accredited unit will allow you to acquire the IDM Certificate in Digital and Data-Driven Marketing, from the Institute of Data & Marketing (IDM)
- Accreditation by the leading hospitality professional body, the Institute of Hospitality (IoH), offers numerous benefits to you such as free membership and access to the mentoring scheme.
- Our Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) accreditation is a hallmark of excellence that has been awarded to fewer than 5% of business schools worldwide
Discover more about the BU Business School and explore our campus
Next start date:
September 2023, September 2024
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
4 years full-time including a minimum 30-week work placement. Foundation Year: 5 years full-time including a minimum 30-week work placement.
Institute of Travel and Tourism (ITT) Centre of Excellence, Tourism Management Institute (TMI), United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO.TedQual), Institute of Hospitality (IoH), Institute of Data & Marketing (IDM), AACSB
All subjects considered
For September 2023 and September 2024 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. Foundation Year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points. For more information check out our full entry requirements.
International entry requirements:
For September 2023 and September 2024 entry: If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with a minimum 5.5 in each component, or equivalent. For more information check out our international entry requirements.