Why study BA (Hons) Tourism Management at BU?
- We are one of the top-ten ranked universities in the world for the study of tourism and hospitality
- One of the first courses to be offered in the UK and has been refined over three decades to give you the skills and knowledge of the tourism sector
- Taught by industry specialists who are actively involved in research that informs the future of the industry, as well as notable experts during our regular guest lectures
- Pick specialist modules to bring your education in line with your own passions, interests and, ultimately, career aspirations
- Build your network of professional contacts, enhance your CV and employability during the 30-week work placement that can be taken anywhere in the world
- You can study abroad at one of our many partner institutions across the world
- We are proud that 96% of final year students were satisfied with the quality of the course, and 98% of students felt academic staff were good at explaining things.
The accreditation bodies on our BA (Hons) Tourism Management course are renowned industry-wide for promoting excellence and the highest standards, all of which is reflected in the BU Business School Experience:
- We are an Institute of Travel & Tourism (ITT) Centre of Excellence, signifiying BU as an industry-leading university
- Accreditation by the Tourism Management Institute (TMI) ensures this course meets standards aligned to the needs of the tourism sector, enhancing future employment prospects when you graduate
- Recognised as a United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO.TedQual) course provides opportunities for you to participate in tourism policy events of the highest-level, as well as obtaining placements in the most prestigious tourism organisations globally
- Successful completion of the accredited unit will allow you to acquire the IDM Certificate in Digital and Data-Driven Marketing, from the Institute of Data & Marketing (IDM)
- Accreditation by the leading hospitality professional body, the Institute of Hospitality (IoH), offers numerous benefits to you such as free membership and access to the mentoring scheme.
Discover more about the BU Business School and explore our campus
Next start date:
September 2021, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
4 years full-time including a minimum 30-week work placement
Institute of Travel and Tourism (ITT) Centre of Excellence, Tourism Management Institute (TMI), United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO.TedQual), Institute of Hospitality (IoH), Institute of Data & Marketing (IDM)
All subjects considered