Why study BA (Hons) Events Management at BU?
- Benefit from organising live events, visiting event venues, as well as studying real-life case studies and hearing from industry guest lecturers
- Learn from academic specialists who are actively involved in research that informs the future of the industry
- Gain an expert understanding of event marketing, financial reporting, project planning, event bidding and consumer behaviours
- Study abroad at one of our many partner institutions across the world
- Build your network of professional contacts, enhance your CV and employability during the 30-week work placement
- You'll be career-ready with 100% of graduates working and/or studying 15 months after graduation
Interested in studying this course part-time? Enquire now.
Foundation year: We have a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the business and management skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree. If you apply to study the full degree and do not meet the academic entry requirements, our admissions team may consider your application for the Foundation Year and notify you accordingly.
The accreditation bodies on our BA (Hons) Events Management course are renowned industry-wide for promoting excellence and the highest standards, all of which is reflected in the BU Business School Experience:
- Accredited by the Institute of Data & Marketing (IDM) means that upon successful completion of the accredited unit you will be able to obtain the IDM Certificate in Digital and Data-Driven Marketing
- Bournemouth University is a Strategic Partner with the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), which means you can gain CIM professional qualifications as well as exemptions towards a CIM Diploma in Professional Marketing.
- Accredited by the only chartered body recognising project management skills, the Association for Project Management (APM)
- This course is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). AACSB business accreditation demonstrates an ongoing commitment to excellence in teaching, research, curriculum development, and learner success.
- Our Chartered Management Institute (CMI) accreditation gives you complimentary CMI student membership (and access to resources and services) and means that when you graduate, you’ll receive a CMI L5 Certificate in Management and Leadership qualification in addition to your Bachelor's degree
Discover more about the BU Business School and explore our campus
Next start date:
September 2024, September 2025
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
4 years full-time including a minimum 30-week work placement. Foundation year: 5 years full-time including a minimum 30-week work placement.
The Association for Project Management (APM), The Institute of Data & Marketing (IDM) , ITT Centre of Excellence, The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) Strategic Partner, Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
All subjects considered
For September 2024 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. Foundation year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points. For more information check out our full entry requirements.