Why study BA (Hons) Events Management at BU?
- Learn from academic specialists who are actively involved in research that informs the future of the industry
- Benefit from visits to local and regional event venues, as well as studying real-life case studies and hearing from industry guest lecturers
- Gain an expert understanding of event marketing, financial reporting, project planning, event bidding and consumer behaviours
- Study abroad at one of our many partner institutions across the world
- Build your network of professional contacts, enhance your CV and employability during the 30-week work placement
- This course is ranked 10th in its subject area according to the 2021 Guardian League Tables.
Interested in studying this course part-time? Enquire now.
Foundation year: We have a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the business and management skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree.
The accreditation bodies on our BA (Hons) Events Management course are renowned industry-wide for promoting excellence and the highest standards, all of which is reflected in the BU Business School Experience:
- The Association for Project Management is the only chartered body recognising project management skills
- Being recognised as an Institute of Travel & Tourism Centre of Excellence means that BU is recognised as a leading university in the industry. It also allows you to take advantage of networking opportunities, hear from high-level industry speakers and raise your professional profile
- Institute of Data & Marketing (IDM) accreditation means that upon successful completion of the accredited unit you will be able to obtain the IDM Certificate in Digital and Data-Driven Marketing.
See what it is like to study at the Business School
Next start date:
September 2021, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
4 years including a minimum 30-week work placement. Foundation year: 5 years including a minimum 30-week work placement.
Association for Project Management, Institute of Data & Marketing, Recognised by the Institute of Travel and Tourism and a member of the Institute of Hospitality's Education Membership Scheme
All subjects considered
For September 2021 and September 2022 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. Foundation year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points. For more information check out our full entry requirements.