Why study BSc (Hons) Sport Management at BU?
- Blending academic and practical elements, this course will support you to become a critically informed and well-rounded graduate, ready to manage, influence and lead in the world of work
- Develop a detailed understanding of sport, management, marketing, leadership, finance and business principles, with an appreciation of their complex global social contexts
- Gain varied practical experience from course placement options providing you with fantastic opportunities to put your learning into practice and make professional connections
- We have developed an international reputation in the management of sport, events and physical activity, and continue to shape sport research, policy and practice
- Our range of collaborative projects with local and international partners, provide opportunities for you to engage in educational, research and work activities with our global partner institutions across the world
- You'll be career-ready with 96% of our graduates in employment or further studies, fifteen months after graduating.
Interested in studying this course part-time? Enquire now
Foundation year: We have a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the business and management skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree. If you apply to study the full degree and do not meet the academic entry requirements, our admissions team may consider your application for the Foundation Year and notify you accordingly.
- Accredited by the Institute for Data & Marketing (IDM). Upon successful completion of the accredited unit, you will obtain the IDM Certificate in Digital and Data-Driven Marketing
- Also accredited by the Club Managers Association of Europe (CMAE), this accreditation acknowledges the content of this course is industry-relevant, preparing students to graduate career-ready
- Our Chartered Management Institute (CMI) accreditation gives you complimentary CMI student membership (and access to resources and services) and means that when you graduate, you’ll receive a CMI L5 Certificate in Management and Leadership qualification in addition to your Bachelor's degree
- This course is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). AACSB business accreditation demonstrates an ongoing commitment to excellence in teaching, research, curriculum development, and learner success
Discover more about the BU Business School and explore our campus
Next start date:
September 2024, September 2025
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time with a 6-week placement, or 4 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement. Foundation year: 4 years full-time with a 6-week placement or 5 years full-time with a 30-week minimum placement.
Institute of Data & Marketing (IDM), Club Managers Association of Europe (CMAE), Chartered Management Institute (CMI), Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AASCB)
All subjects considered
For September 2023 and September 2024 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. Foundation year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points. For more information check out our full entry requirements.