Why study BSc (Hons) Sport Coaching at BU?
- Placement opportunities can give you practical hands-on experience as well as a fantastic chance to make professional connections
- Opportunities to study abroad at one of our international partner institutions
- Optional alternative to final year dissertation project – a research expedition conducting in-depth research on the needs and responses of people completing a UK-based endurance event
- Get involved in various extra-curricular opportunities: our sport and events volunteering programme (RELAYS), workshops, conferences, industry visits, field trips, volunteering, guest speakers and more
- We have strong links with some of the biggest names in the sports industry to inform our teaching and provide placement opportunities
- 92% of graduates felt academic staff on this course were good at explaining things.
Foundation year: We have a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the business and management skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree.
What can you achieve with a Sports Coaching degree?
Forge a career that you are truly passionate about. The career opportunities are diverse, ranging from working in sports, leisure, education, health and events. When you graduate from this course you will be well-placed to occupy roles in performance sport organisations, sporting national governing bodies, local authorities, schools and colleges, international sports events providers, and sports and leisure centres.
See what it’s like to study at the Business School
Next start date:
September 2021, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time with a 6-week placement, or 4 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement. Foundation year: 4 years full-time with a 6-week placement, or 5 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement.
All subjects considered
For September 2021 and September 2022 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. Foundation year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points. For more information check out our full entry requirements.