Why study BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science at BU?
- Designed to help make you more employable, you can expect to learn through practical experience; backing up the theory you will study through laboratory and fieldwork
- Use our human performance laboratories to assess and learn how to make improvements to the performance of athletes or sports teams and the health of individuals
- Make the most of our relationship with our partner, AFC Bournemouth, with guest speakers and volunteering opportunities
- We have strong links with some of the biggest names in the sports industry to inform our teaching and provide placement opportunities
- Choose from either a six or 30-week work placement, giving you the chance to make professional connections within the industry, as well as putting your learning into practice
- An optional alternative to final year dissertation project – a research expedition conducting in-depth research on the needs and responses of people completing a UK-based endurance event.
What can you achieve with a Sports and Exercise Science degree?
As a course aimed at employability, you can choose option units enabling you to tailor the degree to your chosen career path. The skills you will learn are transferable allowing you to move into related careers in teaching, coaching, personal training, sports leadership, entrepreneurship and many others.
Discover our Sport facilities at BU
Next start date:
September 2021, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time with a 6-week placement, or 4 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement
All subjects considered
For September 2021 entry: 112 - 128 tariff points including a minimum of 2 A levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. For more information check out our full entry requirements.