Why study BA (Hons) Commercial Photography?
- Study and challenge a range of photographic genres including documentary, editorial, advertising, fashion, product and portrait photography
- Produce individual and collaborative authored work to a high commercial standard
- Develop specialist knowledge, skills and opportunities required to pursue your commercial ambitions
- Gain an understanding of the photography industry through examining a range of historical, social cultural, ethical and topical debates
- Enter national and international competitions such as those organised by the Royal Photographic Society, the Association of Photographers and the British Institute of Professional Photography
You'll work in fully equipped studios and have access to state-of-the-art facilities including a post-product computer suite, a range of high-end professional cameras (all formats) and lighting equipment. You'll also have the opportunity to use the latest digital imaging software as well as traditional techniques for post-production work, increasing the opportunities for creative solutions to contemporary communication challenges.
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
September 2022, September 2023
Wiltshire College and University Centre, Salisbury
3 years full-time with a 2-week placement, or 4 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement
All subjects considered
For September 2022 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. A portfolio is also required in support of your application for September 2022 entry. For more information check out our full entry requirements.