Why study BA (Hons) Immersive Media at BU?
- Through conceptual investigation and practical production, explore and develop immersive media in a range of hypothetical and real-world scenarios
- Explore both conventional as well as experimental and emerging forms and contexts
- Collaborate and undertake enterprise-led teamwork, essential in becoming thought, practice and business leaders in this emerging field
- Develop production craft skills including stereoscopic 360-degree video and immersive audio production
- Work in industry-leading facilities with internationally recognised lecturers and practitioners
- Specialise or broaden your studies through option units to match your career ambitions and professional placement opportunities, allowing you to forge vital industry links.
Foundation year: We have a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the media & communication skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree.
The programme focuses on creative production, project design and immersive storytelling. You will be able to access technical skills training beyond the listed units throughout the programme. If you'd like to focus exclusively on computer-based asset creation or programming, you may consider BSc (Hons) Virtual and Augmented Reality; BA (Hons) Computer Animation Art and Design, BA (Hons) Computer Animation Technical Arts, BA (Hons) Visual Effects or BSc Hons Game Design.
Take a glimpse at life on Talbot campus
Next start date:
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time with an optional 4 week placement, or 4 years full-time with a 30-week placement. Foundation year: 4 years full-time with an optional 4 week placement, or 5 years full-time with a 30-week placement
All subjects considered
For September 2022 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. Foundation year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points. For more information check out our full entry requirements.