Why study BA (Hons) International Hospitality Management at BU?
- We are one of the top-ranking universities in the world for the study of tourism and hospitality
- Taught by hospitality specialists who are actively involved in research that informs the future of the industry, as well as notable experts during our regular guest lectures
- Pick specialist modules to bring your education in line with your own passions, interests and, ultimately, career aspirations
- Experience working for 30 weeks in a real-world environment, at home or abroad, ensuring you build a network of professional contacts and enhance your employability
- You can study abroad at one of our many partner institutions across the world
- Excellent graduate employment with 100% of graduates employed or in further study within fifteen months of graduating.
Foundation year: We have a Foundation Year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the business and management skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the Foundation Year, you will progress to the full degree.
The accreditation bodies on our BA (Hons) International Hospitality Management course are renowned industry-wide for promoting excellence and the highest standards, all of which is reflected in the BU Business School experience.
- Our recognition by the Institute of Hospitality (IoH), leading hospitality professional body, offers numerous benefits to you such as free membership and access to the mentoring scheme
- Accreditation as an Institute of Travel & Tourism (ITT) Centre of Excellence signifies BU as an industry-leading university
- Being recognised as the United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO.TedQual) provides opportunities to participate in leading tourism policy events and obtain placements in the most prestigious tourism organisations in the world
- Upon successful completion of the accredited unit, you will be able to obtain the IDM Certificate in Digital and Data-Driven Marketing from the Institute of Data & Marketing (IDM).
Discover more about the BU Business School and explore our campus
Next start date:
September 2022, September 2023
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
4 years full-time including a minimum 30-week work placement. Foundation Year: 5 years full-time including a minimum 30-week work placement.
United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO.TedQual), Institute of Hospitality (IoH), Institute of Travel & Tourism (ITT) Centre of Excellence, Institute of Data & Marketing (IDM)
All subjects considered
For September 2022 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. Foundation Year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points. For more information check out our full entry requirements.