Why study BA (Hons) International Tourism & Business Management at BU?
- Combine the study of tourism and business to broaden your expertise and skills in both areas at one of the top 20 universities in the world for hospitality and leisure management (QS University Rankings 2023)
- Learn about the tourism business from leading industry speakers and events, 'live' scenarios and visits in the local area
- Live and study in a location famous for it's popular tourist landscape with many hotels and restaurants
- Develop invaluable business skills such as teamworking, communication and problem-solving skills. Plus, gain an awareness of responsible business practice, digital competencies and cultural intelligence to enable you to work in an increasingly globalised workplace
- Experience working for 30 weeks in a real-world environment, at home or abroad, ensuring you build a network of professional contacts and enhance your employability
- Take the opportunity to study abroad at one of our many partner institutions across the world.
Foundation Year: We have a Foundation Year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the business and management skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the Foundation Year, you will progress to the full degree.
The accrediting bodies on this course are renowned industry-wide for promoting excellence and the highest standards, all of which are reflected in the BU Business School experience:
- Our Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) accreditation is a hallmark of excellence that has been awarded to fewer than 5% of business schools worldwide
Discover more about the BU Business School and explore our campus
Next start date:
September 2023, September 2024
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time including a minimum 6-week placement or 4 years full-time including a minimum 30-week placement. Foundation Year: 4 years full-time including a minimum 6-week placement or 5 years full-time including a minimum 30-week placement.
All subjects considered
For September 2023 and September 2024 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. Foundation Year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points. For more information check out our full entry requirements.
International entry requirements:
For September 2023 and September 2024 entry: If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with a minimum 5.5 in each component, or equivalent. For more information check out our international entry requirements.