Why study BA (Hons) Photography at BU?
- Explore photography as a craft and a business, through a combination of practical and theoretical approaches
- Access industry standard digital cameras, lighting, studio space and image manipulation software throughout your degree
- Work alongside internationally recognised lecturers and practitioners
- Emphasis on real-world collaboration with others
- Choose optional specialist units in a particular area of interest in more detail to match your career ambitions
- Make invaluable industry connections during a work placement in industry.
The practical studio elements of the course are delivered in the Poole Gateway Building, which opened in spring 2020. This houses various studio spaces, editing workstations and the kit store. We have a range of digital cameras and professional lighting to support your studies and enhance your portfolio.
Getting hands-on experience with the same equipment used in industry settings prepares you for both your time on placement and your future career.
Next start date:
September 2021, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time with a 4 week placement, or 4 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement
All subjects considered
For September 2021 entry and September 2022 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. For more information check out our full entry requirements.
International entry requirements:
For September 2021 entry and September 2022 entry: If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in writing, speaking, listening and reading or equivalent. For more information check out our International entry requirements.