Why study BEng (Hons) Engineering at BU?
- Applicants for this programme must be employed in a relevant role in the Engineering industry
- Cover areas such as advanced stress and vibration, business development, manufacturing operations, mechatronics and computational engineering
- Tailor your studies with a number of core units complemented by option units, to suit the needs of your employer and your long-term career plans. Alternatively you can enrol on one of the prescribed pathways:
BEng (Hons) Engineering (Mechanical Design)
BEng (Hons) Engineering (Manufacturing Management)
BEng (Hons) Engineering (Electronic Design)
- Subjects are taught by flexible learning, and you will be supported throughout your study with discussion forums
- We also offer an Integrated Masters (MEng) which requires a further 18 months study.
Interested in studying this course as a Degree Apprenticeship? Find out more and contact Bournemouth & Poole College.
Design & Engineering Facilities Tour
This course is accredited by the Institution of Engineering Designers and the BEng (Hons) Engineering as well as the BEng (Hons) Enginering (Mechanical Design) pathway are also accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers to meet in part, the exemplifying academic benchmark requirements for registration as a Chartered Engineer (CEng).
In order to take advantage of new approaches to learning and teaching, as well as developments in industry to benefit our students we regularly review all of our courses. This course is currently going through this process, and we will update this page to give you full information about what we will be offering once the review process has concluded. These changes will come into effect for all new students from September 2025 entry. Applicants will be notified by our admissions team of any changes.
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
September 2024, September 2025
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
2 years part-time
Institution of Engineering Designers and the Institution of Mechanical Engineers
Engineering discipline accredited to EngTech or partial IEng
For September 2024 entry: Foundation degree or HND with Merit or above in a required subject. Applicants must be employed in a relevant role in the Engineering industry. For more information check out our full entry requirements.