The LLM International Tax Law course is aimed at those considering a career in international tax consultancy or within in-house tax departments of multinational companies. It is also highly suitable for staff of foreign government finance ministries and tax authorities who wish to learn more about tax policy.
Tax issues are relevant in tax and non-tax areas alike such as competition law, family law within its remit of marriage, divorce and estates. International business transactions, as well as the management of state entities and other state entities, are all subject to the ramifications of UK and International Tax.
- Study a wide range of tax and law modules that are focused on comparative, rather than on UK law.
- Tailor your studies toward the specific areas of international tax law to suit your desired career through a range of option units
- Benefit from BU’s subject experts in international taxation, commercial and public law.
- Units can be used as preparation for an important qualification offered by the Chartered Institute of Taxation, the Advanced Diploma in International Tax (Module 1, Principles of International Taxation), whilst the dissertation can be structured so as to be suitable for submission as an extended essay replacing the Modules 2 or Module 3 exams of the same internationally-recognised qualification.
- Enhance your career prospects to enter a range of careers including Associate Director, Judges Assistant, Tax assistant or Senior Lawyer.
Next start date:
September 2021, January 2022, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus and Lansdowne Campus
1 year full-time or 2 years part-time (September start); 16 months full-time or 27 months part-time (January start)
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject.
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each component of writing, speaking, listening and reading. For more information check out our full entry requirements.