Please note: This course is now full for September 2021 entry. Discover our other Health & Social Care vacancies.
Why study MA Social Work at BU?
- This course is ranked 1st in its subject area for the second year running according to the 2021 and 2022 Guardian League tables
- This practical degree blends a powerful combination of academic study with essential practical experience
- Statutory placements throughout the course mean you will gain lots of relevant experience operating in real-world settings and will develop strong working relationships with those already in the profession
- Thanks to our close ties with neighbouring local authority social services departments and local voluntary sector agencies you can network with employers and potential future colleagues
- You’ll leave us equipped with the specialist knowledge and practical skills needed to deal with issues in areas including child protection, fostering and adoption, adult safeguarding, mental health, substance use, hospital discharge and disability
- Newly built skills facilities include various simulated community home settings, allowing you to learn and practice before going on placement.
This course is approved by Social Work England, which means you’ll be eligible to apply for registration as a social worker on successful completion of the course.
Explore our facilities and see more of the course
Next start date:
September 2021, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Lansdowne Campus
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:1 in any subject. Applicants with a 2:2 may be considered if they have strong relevant work experience.
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in each component of writing, speaking, listening and reading. For more information check out our full entry requirements.