Why study MEng (Hons) Engineering at BU?
- Applicants for this programme must be employed in a relevant role in the Engineering industry
- Subjects are taught by flexible learning, and you will be supported throughout your study with discussion forums
- Tailor your studies with a number of core units complemented by option units, to suit the needs of your employer and your long-term career plans
- In years 1 and 2, you will cover such as advanced stress and vibration, business development, manufacturing operations, mechatronics, and computational engineering
- Deepen your knowledge at MEng level, through subjects such as project management, design management, life cycle analysis, and materials failure and prevention
- The MEng level takes four years to complete on a part-time basis, although you can opt to graduate after two years with a BEng (Hons) Engineering award. You'll be career ready with 100% of graduates in employment or further study, fifteen months after completing the course.
Design & Engineering Facilities Tour
This course is currently seeking re-accreditation by the Institution of Engineering Designers and the Institution of Mechanical Engineers in order to fully meet the exemplifying academic benchmark requirements for registration as a Chartered Engineer (CEng).
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
September 2024, September 2025
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
4 years part-time
Seeking re-accreditation from the Institution of Engineering Designers and the Institution of Mechanical Engineers
Engineering discipline accredited to EngTech or partial IEng
For September 2024 entry: Foundation degree or HND with Merit or above in an engineering discipline accredited to EngTech or partial IEng. Applicants must be employed in a relevant role in the Engineering industry. For more information check out our full entry requirements.