Why study MEng (Hons) Engineering at BU?
- Applicants for this programme must be employed in a relevant role in the Engineering industry
- Subjects are taught by flexible learning, and you will be supported throughout your study with discussion forums
- Tailor your studies with a number of core units complemented by option units, to suit the needs of your employer and your long-term career plans
- In years 1 and 2, you will cover such as advanced stress and vibration, business development, manufacturing operations, mechatronics, and computational engineering
- Deepen your knowledge at MEng level, through subjects such as project management, design management, life cycle analysis, and materials failure and prevention
- The MEng level takes four years to complete on a part-time basis, although you can opt to graduate after two years with a BEng (Hons) Engineering award. You'll be career ready with 95% of graduates in employment or further study, fifteen months after completing the course.
Design & Engineering Facilities Tour
This course is accredited by the Institution of Engineering Designers and the Institution of Mechanical Engineers in order to fully meet the exemplifying academic benchmark requirements for registration as a Chartered Engineer (CEng).
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
September 2024, September 2025
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
4 years part-time
Institution of Engineering Designers and the Institution of Mechanical Engineers
Engineering discipline accredited to EngTech or partial IEng
For September 2024 entry: Foundation degree or HND with Merit or above in an engineering discipline accredited to EngTech or partial IEng. Applicants must be employed in a relevant role in the Engineering industry. For more information check out our full entry requirements.