Why study MSc Foundations of Clinical Psychology at BU?
- Respected course, producing highly thought after and employable graduates for many branches of psychology
- Excellent preparation if you wish to enter training to qualify as a clinical psychologist
- Patient-centred approach, using case studies to consider a wide range of therapies and disorders
- Study advanced research methods to prepare you to undertake independent research
- Choose your specialism of interest for your dissertation, which will be supported by workshops and literature reviews
- Delivery is typically two days per week between October and May each year, with supervision for the dissertation in June and July. This delivery pattern allows you to plan and build a clinical portfolio more effectively.
After completing this course, you will possess the practical skills and theoretical knowledge necessary to continue into an academic career or secure employment in a range of organisations from the NHS to private and independent health care providers.
Talk to a student on this course
Next start date:
September 2021, January 2022, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
1 year full-time, 2 years part-time (Sept start only)
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:1 or equivalent in a required subject.
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in writing and 5.5 in speaking, listening and reading or equivalent. For more information check out our full entry requirements.