Why study MSc Clinical & Developmental Neuropsychology at BU?
- Benefit from the expert knowledge of our academics who conduct cutting-edge research in rare cognitive neuropsychological disorders as well as more common clinical and neuropsychological conditions
- Study a variety of modules ranging from diagnostic assessments and treatments of patients with brain injury to units on neural and cognitive development in childhood, including atypical developments like dyslexia, autism and ADHD
- Learn transferable skills such as interpreting, presenting and writing research as well as writing specific research and grant proposals
- Apply for a highly-competitive placement, which will take place in either a specialist education or clinical setting, and gain valuable experience learning from professionals working in these fields
- Gain a unique and relevant qualification if you wish to become a researcher in this area and/or seek further professional development
- Opportunity to work with the Psychology Research Group at BU, offering invaluable experience for those wanting to do PhD-level research.
“I undertook my placement at the stroke unit in Poole Hospital. I got real-life experience administering neuropsychological assessments as well as the opportunity to shadow a clinical neuropsychologist. This experience was extremely helpful when applying for jobs after graduation.”
Milla Rasanen, Psychometric Facilitator, Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
We have strong collaborations with local placement providers and clinical partners giving you the opportunity to enhance your employability post graduation.
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
January 2024, September 2024, January 2025, September 2025
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
September start: 1 year full-time, 2 years part-time, January start: 1 year full-time (no part-time start option for January)
Neuroscience, Psychology, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Statistics
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in a required subject.
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in all components. For more information check out our full entry requirements.