Why study MSc Medical Imaging with Management at BU?
- Medical imaging is a rapidly growing field and is an essential element of modern medicine, playing a key role in the diagnosis and management of disease
- On this course, you’ll develop the skillset needed for a career in advanced medical imaging practice, research and leadership
- Achieve a systematic understanding of cross-sectional imaging, along with the essential leadership and people management skills needed for a career in this specialised field
- Critically explore technological advancements including data management systems, as well as the imaging techniques, imaging anatomy and skills to recognise clinical abnormalities
- Our MRI and ultrasound scanners, and other imaging modalities from our local healthcare partners, provide an education and research resource for students on this course
- This course is also available to be taken as PgCert or PgDip.
Medical Imaging with Management at BU
The Department of Medical Science & Public Health provides a focus for work and research into medical imaging with our Institute of Medical Imaging and Visualisation (IMIV) and works to ensure BU’s educational provision aligns with the needs of the local community, the NHS and industry, as well as current global medical imaging workforce demands. This cross-faculty course also incorporates the expertise in organisational business management from BU’s Business School.
“Upon completion of this course, you’ll have advanced scientific and leadership knowledge, as well as the necessary skills and competencies required to improve your current practice for leadership/managerial roles. Additionally, the research skills obtained from the course prepares you for further study at the doctoral level.”
Dr Theo Akudjedu, Course Leader
Explore our facilities
Next start date:
September 2024, September 2025
Bournemouth University, Lansdowne Campus
12 months full-time, part-time over 24 months
Radiography (diagnostic or therapy), sonography, medical physics/engineering/medicine, biomedical/biological/physical sciences. Other healthcare professionals will also be considered.
A Bachelors Honours degree with at least 2:2 in a required subject, or equivalent. Appropriate professional qualifications with significant work experience would be considered e.g. Diploma of the college of radiographers. For more information check out our full entry requirements.
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language, you’ll need IELTS (Academic) 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component of writing, speaking, listening and reading. For more information check out our full entry requirements.