Why study BA (Hons) Product Design Futures at BU?
- Learn the skills and knowledge to future proof your career, you’ll meet the future needs of design in a market where automation will transform professions and create new opportunities.
- Focus on the ethical development of new products and how they can be designed to solve real-world problems without causing environmental issues.
- Access the latest virtual design tools such as virtual reality, CAD systems, 3D solid modelling and 3D printing.
- Spend your third year on a work placement, gaining at least 30-weeks experience in a relevant industry.
- Exhibit your projects at the Festival of Design & Engineering, giving the public and potential employers an insight into how it could impact the future.
- Use state of the art facilities including a specialist CAD laboratory and our Innovation Centre.
Accredited by the Institution of Engineering Designers to fully meet the requirements for Registered Product Designer (RProdDes) registration for 2019-2023 intake years. Accredited courses are fully supported by the Institution, and IED student membership is free to full-time students for the duration of their studies.
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
September 2021, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
4 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement or 3 years full-time.
Institution of Engineering Designers
All subjects considered
For September 2021 and September 2022 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. For more information check out our full entry requirements.