Please note: We are still accepting applications for this course for September 2023 entry.
Why study BSc (Hons) Design Engineering (Top-up) at BU?
- Learn to use the latest solid modelling, rendering and product simulation tools to create and evaluate your own designs
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the engineering principles underlying the product development process
- Based on an individual project, you’ll have access to cutting-edge facilities in our Innovation Centre including 3D scanners and printers, modern manufacturing & technical workshops and prototyping facilities
- Display your design project in your final year and exhibit it at our annual Festival of Design & Engineering.
- You’ll be career-ready with 90% of our graduates in employment or further education after 15 months.
Design & Engineering Facilities tour
Accredited by the Institution of Engineering Designers and Institution of Mechanical Engineers as meeting the academic requirement, in full, for Incorporated Engineer registration for intakes between 2019-2023.
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
September 2023, September 2024
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
1 year full-time
Institution of Engineering Designers and Institution of Mechanical Engineers
For September 2023 entry: A Foundation degree accredited to Partial Ieng/EngTech level or academic qualifications that have been approved at Partial Ieng/Eng Tech level through the Institution of Engineering Designers (IED) Education and Training Committee or equivalent. Find out more about entry requirements.