Why study BSc (Hons) Design Engineering (Top-up) at BU?
- Learn to use the latest solid modelling, rendering and product simulation tools to create and evaluate your own designs
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the engineering principles underlying the product development process
- Based on an individual project, you’ll have access to cutting-edge facilities in our Innovation Centre including 3D scanners and printers, modern manufacturing & technical workshops and prototyping facilities
- Display your design project in your final year and exhibit it at our annual Festival of Design & Engineering.
- You’ll be career-ready with 90% of our graduates in employment or further education after 15 months.
Design & Engineering Facilities tour
This course is currently seeking re-accreditation by the Institution of Engineering Designers and Institution of Mechanical Engineers in order to meet the academic requirement, in full, for Incorporated Engineer registration for intakes between 2024-2028.
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
September 2024, September 2025
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
1 year full-time
Seeking re-accreditation from the Institution of Engineering Designers and Institution of Mechanical Engineers
For September 2024 entry: A Foundation degree accredited to Partial Ieng/EngTech level or academic qualifications that have been approved at Partial Ieng/Eng Tech level through the Institution of Engineering Designers (IED) Education and Training Committee or equivalent. Find out more about entry requirements.