Why study BSc (Hons) Design Engineering (Top-up) at BU?
- Learn to use the latest solid modelling, rendering and product simulation tools to create and evaluate your own designs
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the engineering principles underlying the product development process
- Based on an individual project, you’ll have access to cutting-edge facilities in our Innovation Centre including 3D scanners and printers, modern manufacturing & technical workshops and prototyping facilities
- Display your design project in your final year and exhibit it at our annual Festival of Design & Engineering.
- You’ll be career-ready with 90% of our graduates in employment or further education after 15 months.
Accredited by the Institution of Engineering Designers and Institution of Mechanical Engineers as meeting the academic requirement, in full, for Incorporated Engineer registration for intakes between 2019-2023.
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
September 2022, September 2023
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
1 year full-time
Institution of Engineering Designers and Institution of Mechanical Engineers
For September 2022 and September 2023 entry: A Foundation degree accredited to Partial Ieng/EngTech level or academic qualifications that have been approved at Partial Ieng/Eng Tech level through the Institution of Engineering Designers (IED) Education and Training Committee or equivalent. Find out more about entry requirements.