Why study BSc (Hons) Environmental Science at BU?
- Gain practical experience gained through fieldwork, lab work, computing, data analysis, report writing, and work placements
- Fieldwork is carried out in a variety of stimulating environments, including the World Heritage Site Jurassic Coast, East Devon World Heritage Coast, and the New Forest
- Opportunities for you to learn through fieldwork by joining staff-led research projects overseas
- Our students work in partnership with our staff to co-create featured projects, collaborating with professional practitioners
- Gain valuable work experience on an optional placement in a real-world working environment, with a range of local, national and international companies and institutions.
- You’ll be career-ready with 95% graduates from our environmental sciences courses in employment after 15 months.
Foundation year: We have a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the scientific skills required for environmental science, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree. If you apply to study the full degree and do not meet the academic entry requirements, our admissions team may consider your application for the Foundation Year and notify you accordingly.
Studying BSc (Hons) Environmental Science at BU
Accreditation by the Institution of Environmental Sciences (IES) provides an indicator of quality and indicates that an education institute is planning the career paths of its students. You’ll also be able to apply for free student membership of the institution.
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time with short placements, or 4 years full-time with placement. Foundation year: 4 years full-time with short placements, or 5 years with placement year. Please view compulsory placement information.
The Institution of Environmental Sciences
All subjects considered
For September 2023 and September 2024 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. Foundation year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points. For more information check out our full entry requirements.