Why study BSc (Hons) Geography at BU?
- Taught by an expert-led team of lecturers, academics and guest speakers covering units such as Marine Geography, Earth & Society, Climate & Environmental Change
- Fieldwork is carried out in a variety of stimulating environments, including the World Heritage Site Jurassic Coast, the Isle of Wight and the New Forest
- Opportunities for you to learn through fieldwork by joining staff-led research projects overseas
- An opportunity to complete field experience abroad. Past themes have included conservation practice in China, and preparation for climate change in farming communities in Nepal
- As the course covers both human and physical geography, you can tailor the course to your interests by choosing appropriate units from year two
- You'll be career ready with 85% of graduates from our geography, earth and environmental studies courses in employment or further study after 15 months.
Foundation year: We have a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the scientific skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree.
Our course has been accredited by the Royal Geographical Society (with Institute of British Geographers), as a recognition of its quality. Accredited degrees contain a solid academic foundation in geographical knowledge and skills, and prepare graduates to address the needs of the world beyond higher education.
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
September 2022, September 2023
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time with two 5-week placements, or 4 years full-time with one 5-week placement and a minimum 30-week placement. Foundation year: 4 years full-time with a 5-week placement or 5 years with a 30-week minimum placement.
Royal Geographical Society (with the Institute of British Geographers)
All subjects considered
For September 2022 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. Foundation year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points. For more information check out our full entry requirements.