Why study BSc (Hons) Information Technology Management at BU?
- Study a broad range of computing topics with a strong emphasis on business processes and requirements, and management in computing
- Not only will you develop your IT skills, but you’ll also gain experience of the environment in which businesses operate
- Develop exceptional communication and teamworking skills that will enable you to work well with other computing professionals as well as product owners and stakeholders
- Gain valuable work experience on your placement if you choose to take one
- Career opportunities can include roles such as business integrator, IT manager, IT project manager or digital project manager. You'll be career ready with 89% if graduates from our computing courses in employment or completing further study after 15 months
- All of our computing courses share a common first year, giving you the time to really explore each subject before deciding on a specialism. Take a look at the courses here.
Accreditation by the Chartered Institute for IT (BCS) provides an indicator of quality and can help you work towards Chartered IT Professional status. You’ll have the chance to complete Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification courses during your degree.
For September 2022 entry: In order to take advantage of new approaches to learning and teaching, as well as developments in industry to benefit our students we regularly review all of our courses. This course is currently going through this process and we will update this page in May 2022 to give you full information about what we will be offering once the review process has concluded.
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
September 2022, September 2023
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
4 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement or 3 years full-time. You will be enrolled onto the 4-year degree, but can opt out of the placement year
The Chartered Institute for IT (BCS)
All subjects considered