Why study BSc (Hons) Business Computing with Analytics at BU?
- Develop the versatility and personal qualities to combine business, technical and data analytics skills to meet the dynamic needs of employers in a global context
- Build and improve your applied technical and data skills with a business appreciation to inform
- Study and practise in our state-of-art speciality labs with enterprise-grade hardware and fully virtualisation-ready enterprise-level infrastructure.
- Engage in a series of practical, industry-focused tasks and co-participate in a range of research projects, not only with BU staff but experts from other institutions and industries in the UK and the world
- Gain valuable work experience on your placement if you choose to take one
- You'll be qualified to work as an IT professional whose role focuses on transforming business processes and driving business innovations to meet ever-changing business needs through IT.
Foundation Year: We have a Foundation Year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the technical skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the Foundation Year, you will progress to the full degree.
Accreditation by the Chartered Institute for IT (BCS) provides an indicator of quality and can help you work towards Chartered IT Professional status. You’ll have the chance to complete Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification courses during your degree.
Take a glimpse at student life on Talbot Campus
Next start date:
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
4 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement or 3 years full-time. You will be enrolled onto the 4-year degree, but can opt out of the placement year
The Chartered Institute for IT (BCS)
All subjects considered
September 2023 entry: 104-120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent qualifications. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. For more information check out our full entry requirements.