Why study BSc (Hons) Cyber Security Management at BU?
- Explore the evolving threat landscape and gain applied skills in building and managing secure systems
- Learn the fundamental concepts of psychology, business, law, and management that relate to cyber security in technology
- Become a strategic thinker and be a step ahead of the hackers – understanding the threats and implementing the solutions to combat them
- Gain valuable work experience on your placement if you choose to take one
- You’ll be qualified to work in the security and/or forensic industry in roles such as forensics consultant, security advisor, information security analyst, or cybersecurity analyst.
- You’ll be career-ready with 89% of our graduates in employment after 15 months.
All of our computing courses share a common first year, giving you the time to really explore each subject before deciding on a specialism. Visit our subject area page to see the full list of courses.
Our cyber security lab is something special
Using state-of-the-art technology across our three labs, we can run up to 50 million PCs using just 50. From the labs, we can see where cyber attacks are happening all over the world, and what attacks are happening and being stopped at BU. Find out more about these facilities.
For September 2022 entry: In order to take advantage of new approaches to learning and teaching, as well as developments in industry to benefit our students we regularly review all of our courses. This course is currently going through this process and we will update this page in May 2022 to give you full information about what we will be offering once the review process has concluded.
Take a glimpse at student life on Talbot Campus
Next start date:
September 2022, September 2023
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
4 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement or 3 years full-time. You will be enrolled onto the 4-year degree, but can opt out of the placement year
All subjects considered
For September 2022 entry: 104-120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent qualifications. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. For more information check out our full entry requirements.
International entry requirements:
For September 2022 entry: If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with minimum 5.5 in each 4 component, or equivalent. For more information check out our international entry requirements.