Following a review, BSc (Hons) Cyber Security with Digital Forensics replaces BSc (Hons) Forensic Computing and Cyber Security for September 2023 entry.
Why study BSc (Hons) Cyber Security with Digital Forensics at BU?
- Develop the versatility and personal qualities to manage, implement and assess the security of business activities in a global context
- Build and improve your applied technical skills to weaponise technology to prevent or respond to security incidents in any organisation
- Engage in a series of practical, industry-focused tasks and co-participate in a range of research projects, not only with BU staff but experts from other institutions and industries in the UK and the world
- Gain valuable work experience on your placement if you choose to take one
- You’ll be qualified to work as an IT security professional in all sectors where cyber security plays a critical role
- Typical graduation roles include police digital forensics investigator, digital forensics consultant, mobile security advisor, information security analyst or cyber security analyst
Foundation Year: We have a Foundation Year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the technical skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the Foundation Year, you will progress to the full degree.
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
4 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement or 3 years full-time. You will be enrolled onto the 4-year degree, but can opt out of the placement year
All subjects considered