Why study BSc (Hons) Data Science and Artificial Intelligence at BU?
- Develop the versatility and personal qualities to select, use and combine a variety of machine learning tools, technologies and methods to meet the dynamic data analytical demands in a global context
- Build and improve your applied technical skills to implement, apply and optimise machine learning algorithms such as deep learning and neural networks, as well as developing real-world industry-inspired data applications for any organisation
- Engage in a series of practical industry-focused tasks and co-participate in a range of research projects, not only with BU staff but experts from other institutions and industries in the UK and beyond
- Study and practise in our state-of-art speciality labs with enterprise-grade hardware and fully virtualisation-ready enterprise-level infrastructure.
- Gain valuable work experience on your placement if you choose to take one, entering an industry with huge predicted growth in the next decade
- You'll be qualified to work as a Data Science professional in all sectors where data analytics plays a critical role
Foundation Year: We have a Foundation Year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the technical skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the Foundation Year, you will progress to the full degree.
Accreditation by the Chartered Institute for IT (BCS) provides an indicator of quality and can help you work towards Chartered IT Professional status. You’ll have the chance to complete Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification courses during your degree.
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
4 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement or 3 years full-time. You will be enrolled onto the 4-year degree, but can opt out of the placement year
The Chartered Institute for IT (BCS)
All subjects considered
For September 2023 entry: 104-120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent qualifications. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. For more information check out our full entry requirements.