Why study LLM Intellectual Property at BU?
- Developed in collaboration with The Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys and The Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys for students considering a career in law firms, national, regional or international governmental organisations and the industry in the field of intellectual property law
- Understand national, regional and international IP frameworks along with contemporary issues relating to IP and new technologies
- Tailor your degree to suit your interests or career aspirations through a range of optional units
- Have the option of undertaking certain units from the PGCert Intellectual Property course. N.B. The PGCert IP units (Copyright & Trade Marks or Patents & Design) are better suited for students who have spent time in practice or are currently in practice.
- Graduate ready to enter a range of potential careers including Associate Directors, In -House counsel, the judiciary, and Associate or Senior Lawyer in IP in international law firms.
- Benefit from the Centre for Intellectual Property Policy and Management (CIPPM)’s membership of the Pan-European Seal Professional Traineeship Programme, allowing you to apply for a 12-month paid traineeship at the EU Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) or the European Patent Office (EPO). Further details.
The Intellectual Property Regulation Board (IPReg) are the independent regulatory body for patent and trade mark attorneys and are responsible for setting the education and training requirements for qualification as a patent attorney and a trade mark attorney.
See what it's like to study this course
Next start date:
January 2023, September 2023, January 2024
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus and Lansdowne Campus
1 year full-time or 2 years part-time (September start); 16 months full-time or 27 months part-time (January start)
Intellectual Property Regulation Board
A Bachelor Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject, or equivalent. For more information check out our full entry requirements.
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each component of writing, speaking, listening and reading. For more information check out our full entry requirements.