Why study LLM Intellectual Property at BU?
- Developed in collaboration with The Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys and The Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys for students considering a career in law firms, national, regional or international governmental organisations and the industry
- Understand national, regional and international IP frameworks along with contemporary issues relating to IP and new technologies, such as artificial intelligence (AI) and 3D printing
- Benefit from CIPPM’s membership of the Pan-European Seal Professional Traineeship Programme, allowing you to apply for a 12-month paid traineeship at the EUIPO or the EPO
- Complete particular units to qualify with a PGCert Intellectual Property, providing full exemptions from foundation level examinations for qualification as a patent or trade mark attorney in the UK (IPReg/CIPA/CITMA)
- Tailor your degree to suit your interests or career aspirations through a range of option units
- Graduate ready to enter a range of potential careers including Associate Directors, In -House counsels, the judiciary, and Associate or Senior Lawyer in IP in international law firms.
The Intellectual Property Regulation Board (IPReg) are the independent regulatory body for patent and trade mark attorneys and are responsible for setting the education and training requirements for qualification as a patent attorney and a trade mark attorney.
Talk to a student on this course
See what it's like to study this course
Next start date:
September 2021, January 2022, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus and Lansdowne Campus
1 year full-time or 2 years part-time (September start); 16 months full-time or 27 months part-time (January start)
Intellectual Property Regulation Board
A Bachelor Honours Degree with 2:2 in any subject, or equivalent. For more information check out our full entry requirements.
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each component of writing, speaking, listening and reading. For more information check out our full entry requirements.