Why study MA Creative Writing and Publishing at BU?
- Analyse the cultural and critical influences on the writer and publishing industry, as well as your own practice
- Learn the skills to be able to write creatively and effectively, to a publishable standard, for a variety of different audiences and media
- Work on real-life publishing projects with BU’s own publishing press, Fresher Publishing
- Learn from experienced writers and practitioners who have also acquired master's degrees and/or doctorates in Creative Writing or English themselves
- Benefit from prestigious guest tutors from the world of writing and publishing
- Engage with BU’s international writing competitions: The Bournemouth Writing Prize for emerging voices, and the New Media Writing Prize for stories integrating a variety of formats.
Take a glimpse at life on Talbot Campus
Next start date:
September 2021, January 2022, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
1 year full-time (September start), 17 months full-time (January start), 2 years part-time
Communication, Creative Writing, English, Literacy, Cultural Studies, Film, History
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in a required subject. For more information check out our full entry requirements.
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in writing, speaking, listening and reading. For more information check out our full entry requirements.