Why study MA Multimedia Journalism at BU?
- Develop your skills in news writing, TV production, radio production, digital production, photography and web content management
- Gain an in-depth understanding of media regulation, issues with press and broadcasting freedoms and approaches to the role of journalism and journalists, along with ethical dilemmas and professional codes of conduct
- Attend weekly seminars structured in a news day format where you’ll learn how to produce your own radio and TV bulletins and packages
- Produce a portfolio of eye-catching, strikingly original stories to present to potential employers
- Publish your work on The Breaker, the news and features site run by BU’s MA Journalism students
- Benefit from BU’s close industry links through a three-week work placement with a major news organisation.
This course is accredited by the Broadcast Journalism Training Council (BJTC), the UK’s largest industry-backed higher education training body for multiplatform, broadcast and mobile journalism, this course will provide you with the necessary skills to undertake a successful career in this fast-paced industry.
Take a glimpse at life on this course
Next start date:
January 2023, September 2023, January 2024, September 2024
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
1 year full-time with compulsory 3-week placement (September start), 16 months full-time with compulsory 3-week placement (January start)
Broadcast Journalism Training Council
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject. For more information check out our full entry requirements.
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in writing and 5.5 in each component of speaking, listening and reading. For more information check out our full entry requirements.