The world we see is the result of the stories we tell. If we want to change the world, we need to change our stories.
Developed in consultation with the agencies with whom we work, the MA Advertising course will provide you with an opportunity to gain the conceptual, strategic and practical skills necessary to ‘get out in front of’ three important trends:
- The demand by consumers that brands and organisations change their practices to address our world’s urgent social and environmental challenges
- The demand by brands and agencies for graduates able to design strategies and materials that respond creatively and effectively to these challenges
- The demand by university applicants that courses prepare them for careers in which they can ‘make a difference’
Why choose MA Advertising?
- Apply your knowledge to genuine business solutions through working on live client briefs
- Gain the skills to pitch and present your ideas in feedback sessions simulating the professional environment
- Develop and deliver in-depth investigation into contemporary industry issues
- Benefit from our strong industry connections and network of guest speakers
- Take advantage of interdisciplinary study opportunities collaborating across the Faculty of Media & Communication. Your work could include making a film, print advertisement, augmented reality app or voice bot for example
- Choose to complete either a standard research dissertation or consultancy project
- Enhance your experience further during an optional 30- week professional placement after the taught component of the course
- Achieve the Institute of Practitioners in Advertising (IPA) Foundation Certificate alongside your degree
- Enter the Data & Marketing Association (DMA) Talent Marketing Challenge and attend creative and data workshops held throughout the year.
See Course details for more information, including how this course will be delivered safely in autumn 2020 in response to Covid-19.
Next start date:
September 2020, January 2021, September 2021
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
1 year full-time (September start), 15 months full-time (January start), 2 years full-time with optional 30-week placement
Accredited by the Institute of Data & Marketing (IDM). Aligned to the Institute of Practitioners in Advertising (IPA) and The Advertising Association. A member of The European Association of Communications Agencies (EACA)
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2, or equiavlent. For more information check out our full entry requirements.
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.5 with a minimum of 6.5 in writing and 6.0 in each component of speaking, listening and reading. For more information see our full entry requirements.