This flexible course gives you the chance to study communication and media theory at an advanced level. It will provide you with a highly employable set of skills, together with the ability to engage with theoretical concepts and display critical understanding and analysis.
- Develop your capability to engage with research and communicate your ideas in a variety of media, including text, video and audio.
- Tailor the course to suit your needs with the option of a start date in September or January.
- Choose from a range of option units to focus on subjects that are of interest and relevance to you.
- Apply to undertake a 30-week professional placement within the communication or media sector, designed to enhance your employability after graduation.
- Gain the skills to make valuable contributions towards media and communications practice within complex or unpredictable environments.
See Course details for more information, including how this course will be delivered safely in autumn 2020 in response to Covid-19.
Talk to a student on this course
Next start date:
September 2020, January 2021, September 2021
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
1 year full-time or 2 years full-time with optional 30-week placement (September start), 16 months full-time or 2 years full-time with optional 30-week placement (January start)
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2, or equivalent. For more information check out our full entry requirements.
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.5 with a minimum of 6.5 in writing and 6.0 in speaking, listening and reading, or equivalent. For more information check out our full entry requirements.