Why study MA Marketing Communications at BU?
- Develop, implement and critically evaluate marketing communications strategies, from both a theoretical and practical perspective
- Discover new and emerging forms of marketing communications such as branded content, branded entertainment and digital storytelling
- Develop insights into the latest techniques of marketing communications research and practice
- Benefit from strong industry connections with relevant professional bodies in the UK
- Gain professional qualifications through the CIM Graduate Gateway with exemptions once you’ve completed your course
- Graduate with the skills to pursue a successful career in advertising, marketing, public relations, branding or any other marketing communications-related field.
Branded Content Marketing Association (BCMA)
Students can benefit from a special member rate and free access to select Branded Content Marketing Association Accreditation (BCMA) events.
Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR)
This course is recognised by the CIPR. Students who successfully complete the course can benefit from being fast-tracked to full professional membership grade of CIPR (MCIPR) – one year after graduation rather than two. Student members can access professional networking events (you can join five regional or sectoral groups of the CIPR). As a student member, you can also benefit from substantial membership fee savings early on in your professional career.
Take a glimpse at life on Talbot Campus
Next start date:
January 2024, September 2024, January 2025
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
September- 1 year full-time or 2 years full-time with placement. 2 years part-time or 30 months part-time with placement. January- 16 months full-time or 2 years full-time with placement. 2 years part-time or 30 months part-time with placement
Branded Content Marketing Association (BCMA); Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2, or equivalent. For more information check out our full entry requirements.
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component of speaking, writing, listening and reading. For more information see our full entry requirements.