Marketing communications professionals increasingly need an integrated knowledge of advertising, public relations, direct marketing, and social and digital media in order to deliver relevant, clear and consistent messages to consumers, the public and stakeholders.
This new MA Marketing Communications course will equip you with cutting-edge knowledge and skills to be agile in industry and to define new industry practice.
- Develop, implement and critically evaluate marketing communications strategies, from both a theoretical and practical perspective
- Discover new and emerging forms of marketing communications such as branded content, branded entertainment and digital storytelling
- Develop insights into the latest techniques of marketing communications research and practice
- Undertake an optional 30-week professional placement within the communication or media sector, designed to enhance your employability after graduation
- Benefit from strong industry connections with relevant professional bodies in the UK, including accreditation from the Branded Content Marketing Association (BCMA), recognition from the Chartered Institution of Public Relations (CIPR) and the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
- Gain professional qualifications through the CIM Graduate Gateway with exemptions once you have completed your course
- Graduate with the skills to pursue a successful career in advertising, marketing, public relations, branding or any other marketing communications-related field.
Interested in studying this course part-time with a placement? Enquire now
See Course details for information including how this course will be delivered safely if you’re starting in January 2021 in response Covid-19.
Next start date:
January 2021, September 2021, January 2022, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
1 year full-time or 2 years part-time (September start) 16 months full-time or 2 years part-time (January start), 2 years full-time or 30 months part-time with optional 30-week placement
Branded Content Marketing Association (BCMA)
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2, or equivalent. For more information check out our full entry requirements.
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component of speaking, writing, listening and reading. For more information see our full entry requirements.