This course is designed to provide an advanced understanding of the issues and debates surrounding political communication in the 21st century.
- Benefit from BU’s extensive connections with a range of political organisations, local, national and international pressure groups, charities and communication consultancies
- Take advantage of the opportunity to study full time or part time
- Learn from academics whose links with research institutions and political organisations span across the globe, from Massachusetts and Prague to Bogota and Auckland
- Network with regular industry guest speakers, previous speakers include Peter McLeod, Senior Advisor at GQR’s London office, Niall Couper (Head of Media, PR and Supporter Communications) at Amnesty International and Petros Ioannidis, CEO about people Market Research, Greece
- Engage in research with the Centre for Comparative Politics & Media Research. For instance, the Report to the Culture, Media and Sport Committee on 'Fake news' and the UK Elections Analysis, and the live brief provided by Amnesty International to Politics students as part of their assignment.
Read more about our academics Research on Soft Power.
For September 2021 entry: In order to take advantage of new approaches to learning and teaching, as well as developments in industry to benefit our students we regularly review all of our courses.
This course is currently going through this process and we will update this page in December to give you full information about what we will be offering once the review process has concluded.
Next start date:
September 2021, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
1 year full-time, or 2 years part-time
Media and Communication, Politics, Public Relations, Journalism, Sociology or Social Policy
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in a required subject or equivalent
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.5 with a minimum of 6.5 in writing and 6.0 in speaking, listening and reading. For more information see our full entry requirements.