Why study MSc Health Psychology at BU?
- Take the first step to becoming a Health Psychologist on this accredited course and be equiped with the necessary qualification to undertake stage two training
- Unique insight into the influence of stress and resilience on lifespan, with a focus on child health psychology
- Benefit from the knowledge of our expert staff in relation to health-related cognitions and behaviours
- Learn transferrable skills like interpreting, presenting and writing research as well as how to write grant proposals
- Opportunity to take a placement in a health psychology setting though our links with providers such as NHS Trusts, clinicians or schools, and public health domains. We also offer the opportunity to gain experience as research assistants, working on academically led research
- Select your research project from a range of health psychology research projects with close support and supervision throughout, as well as supportive seminars on relevant topics.
This course is accredited by The British Psychological Society (BPS) and will provide the first stage of training for becoming a Health Psychologist, equipping you with the necessary qualification to undertake stage two training in Health Psychology accredited by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) should you wish to pursue a career as a Practitioner Psychologist in Health. A minimum of an upper second-class honour's degree (60% or above) at undergraduate and master’s level is usually required for entry onto Stage 2 training.
See what it's like to study this course
Next start date:
September 2023, September 2024
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
1 year full-time, 2 years part-time
Accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS) as Stage 1 Professional Training in Health Psychology
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS). Equivalent undergraduate training or work experience may be acceptable for students with a Psychology degree taken outside of the UK.
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS 6.5 (Academic) with a minimum of 5.5 in all components. For more information see our full entry requirements.