Why study MSc Information Technology at BU?
- If you have some experience but no formal qualification in Information Technology, or a first degree in a different subject, then this course will enable you to enter the business computing profession
- Software infrastructure forms a core part of many organisations' business function, so it is vital for system developers and managers to understand how the business process and strategy shape the IT applications
- You will be exposed to all aspects of modern business IT systems, including but not limited to, IT management, cloud services and their applications, service integration and human-centred design
- Draw on our academics' expert knowledge, their research and recent developments in IT to gain awareness of current problems and learn to develop systematic, original and creative solutions to them
- A real-world research problem of your choice will give you the opportunity to explore your particular area of interest in greater depth and you will acquire skills on how to plan your project, create and interpret IT knowledge and report to a professional standard
- Benefit from a work placement, which provides an excellent opportunity for you to gain first-hand experience and apply your learning, especially if you are considering a change in career or direction.
Work in an area of growth within this important subject area with employment opportunities constantly evolving. This course allows graduates without IT qualifications the chance to enter the business computing profession.
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
January 2024, September 2024, January 2025, September 2025
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
September start: 1 year full-time, 2 years part-time or 2 years full-time with a 30-week placement, January start: 16 months full-time, 32 months part-time or 24 months with a 30-week placement
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject, or equivalent.
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS 6.0 (Academic) with minimum 5.5 in writing, speaking, listening and reading. For more information check out our full entry requirements.