Why study MSc Internet of Things at BU?
- Learn how to design and build the next generation of smart devices and networked systems
- Combine strong theoretical foundations with hands-on experience in designing and developing IoT systems
- Be part of our IoT Lab and engage with the research activities of our Department
- Opportunity to choose option units in Cloud Computing, Smart Systems, Blockchain and Human-centred Design, and to explore an area of interest through research as part of your individual Master's Project
- Use the opportunity of international placements and our career support to enhance your employability and work in a global environment
- Benefit from our close relationships with companies, research and government agencies that are interested in recruiting skilled graduates in the area of the Internet of Things.
IoT will change the way we think about life and work. Global industries such as manufacturing, transportation, logistics, defence, agriculture, infrastructure, retail, healthcare and food services, are already investing heavily in developing their own IoT infrastructures. Work in an area of growth within the fast-developing Internet of Things with employment opportunities constantly evolving.
Next start date:
September 2023, January 2024, September 2024
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
September start: 1 year full-time, 2 years part-time or 2 years full-time with a 30-week placement, January start: 16 months full-time, 32 months part-time or 24 months with a 30-week placement
All subjects considered
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject.
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each component, or equivalent. For more information see our full entry requirements.