Why study MSc Artificial Intelligence for Media at BU?
- Develop theoretical knowledge and practical skills in cutting-edge machine learning technology and media production practice
- Use existing machine learning frameworks to address practical problems in media production
- Access the latest machine learning and deep learning methodology in AI research which are successfully applied in other disciplines
- Collaborate with students from across the NCCA Master’s courses
- Plan and execute a major project to showcase your talent to industry professionals and potential employers at the Master’s Degree show
- Graduate with the range and depth of technical skills necessary to become competent in the artificial intelligence aspects of media production.
Study at the National Centre for Computer Animation (NCCA)
The NCCA is one of the most established and highly regarded centres for computer graphics and animation education and research. The centre is ranked 4th in the top 25 animation schools and colleges in the world, 3rd in Europe and 1st in the UK (Animation Career Review, 2020).
As one of very few research-intensive animation centres in the UK our expertise not only ensure our courses remain at the forefront of education, but also help to define new industry practices.
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
September 2021, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
1 year full-time including an optional 3-month placement during the Masters Project
Professional or taught experience in a media related discipline. This may include backgrounds in audio / video / image manipulation and processing, computer animation or related disciplines.
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 or equivalent. A portfolio is also required in support of your application. For more information see our full entry requirements.
International entry requirements:
IELTS 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in writing, speaking, listening and reading.For more information see our full entry requirements.