Why study MA Digital Effects at BU?
- Become proficient in acquisition filming, 3D animation and 2D compositing, facilitating your understanding of the entire digital effects pipeline
- Explore toolsets such as dynamics, green screen, tracking and digital assets in order to push yourself and your work to the next level of visual success
- Undertake multiple projects both individually and alongside students from across the NCCA Master's courses
- Benefit from visiting speaker talks from industry specialists, including some of our successful alumni
- Create a substantial and original project in preparation for the end of year degree show attended by top industry recruiters
- Access industry-standard facilities including a new green screen and motion capture studio, as well as animation labs, equipped with industry-standard software Houdini and Nuke.
Study at the National Centre for Computer Animation (NCCA)
The NCCA is one of the most established and highly regarded centres for computer graphics and animation education and research. As one of very few research-intensive animation centres in the UK, our expertise not only ensures our courses remain at the forefront of education, but also helps to define new industry practices.
The NCCA is ranked as the UK’s top animation school, second in Europe and third internationally (Animation Career Review 2023 International Animation School Rankings).
This course is industry-recognised by ScreenSkills, the industry-led skills body for the UK’s screen-based industries, and carries the ScreenSkills Select quality-mark which indicates courses best suited to prepare students for a career in the screen industries.
Next start date:
September 2024, September 2025
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
1 year full-time including an optional 3-month placement during the Masters Project
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject. A portfolio is also required in support of your application. For more information see our full entry requirements.
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in writing, speaking, listening and reading. For more information see our full entry requirements.