Why study MA Digital Effects at BU?
- Become proficient in acquisition filming, 3D animation and 2D compositing, facilitating your understanding of the entire digital effects pipeline
- Explore toolsets such as dynamics, green screen, tracking and digital assets in order to push yourself and your work to the next level of visual success
- Undertake multiple projects both individually and alongside students from across the NCCA Master's courses
- Benefit from visiting speaker talks from industry specialists, including some of our successful alumni
- Create a substantial and original project in preparation for the end of year degree show attended by top industry recruiters
- Access industry-standard facilities including a new green screen and motion capture studio, as well as animation labs, equipped with industry-standard software Houdini and Nuke.
Study at the National Centre for Computer Animation (NCCA)
The NCCA is one of the most established and highly regarded centres for computer graphics and animation education and research. The centre is ranked 4th in the top 25 animation schools and colleges in the world, 3rd in Europe and 1st in the UK (Animation Career Review, 2020).
As one of very few research-intensive animation centres in the UK our expertise not only ensure our courses remain at the forefront of education, but also help to define new industry practices.
Next start date:
September 2021, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
1 year full-time including an optional 3-month placement during the Masters Project
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject. For more information see our full entry requirements.
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in writing, speaking, listening and reading. For more information see our full entry requirements.