Why study MA 3D Computer Animation at BU?
- Develop the skills to work in a number of areas where computer animation is applied, including films, animated features, computer games, television production, commercials, illustration, scientific visualisation, flight simulation, virtual environments, architectural visualisations and interactive media.
- Collaborate with students from across the NCCA Master’s courses providing a realistic setting to discover what it’s like working with other creative and technical people
- Attend regular masterclasses and our visiting practitioners lecture series where you’ll learn about the 2D and 3D industry from practising artists and companies, including BU alumni
- Undertake a Masters project with dedicated production time to create a substantial and original project in preparation for the degree show attended by top industry recruiters
- Study in a professional studio environment, facilities include a full suite of industry-standard 2D and 3D software, a motion capture studio, green screen studio and animation labs.
Study at the National Centre for Computer Animation (NCCA)
The NCCA is one of the most established and highly regarded centres for computer graphics and animation education and research. As one of very few research-intensive animation centres in the UK, our expertise not only ensures our courses remain at the forefront of education, but also helps to define new industry practices.
The NCCA is ranked as the UK’s top animation school, second in Europe and third internationally (Animation Career Review, 2021).
This course is industry-recognised by ScreenSkills, the industry-led skills body for the UK’s screen-based industries, and carries the ScreenSkills Select quality-mark which indicates courses best suited to prepare students for a career in the screen industries.
Watch our playlist of students’ work to see what you could be creating on this course.
Take a glimpse at life on Talbot Campus
Next start date:
September 2022, September 2023
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
1 year full-time including an optional 3-month placement during the Masters Portfolio unit
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject. A portfolio is also required in support of your application. For more information see our full entry requirements.
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language IELTS (Academic) 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component of writing, speaking, listening and reading. For more information see our full entry requirements.