Why study MSc Digital Health at BU?
- Bridging the knowledge gap between healthcare and computing, you’ll graduate with the skills needed to address today’s and tomorrow’s design challenges in developing digital health solutions
- Gain a critical understanding of advanced theoretical knowledge, methods and concepts of relevant digital health technologies required for supporting healthcare and social care services and products
- Develop specialised technical knowledge and practical skills to take a professional approach to the planning, design and management of digital health products to address real-world healthcare and social care problems
- If your first degree is computing or healthcare-related, this course will give you the knowledge and skills to become a visionary digital health technologist
- You’ll understand the healthcare and social care perspective and create a strategic view of digital health product development, as well as manage and lead the development of such products and services.
Potential career opportunities include health systems and service designers, data analyst, application and systems developer, information governance manager, user experience consultant/practitioner, clinical information manager or planning and performance manager.
In order to take advantage of new approaches to learning and teaching, as well as developments in industry to benefit our students we regularly review all of our courses. This course is currently going through this process, and we will update this page to give you full information about what we will be offering once the review process has concluded. These changes will come into effect for all new students from January 2025 entry. Applicants will be notified by our admissions team of any changes.
See what it's like to study this course
Next start date:
September 2024, January 2025, September 2025
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
September start: 1 year full-time or 2 years part-time; January start: 16 months full-time or 32 months part-time
Computer Science/IT, Engineering, Design, Health and Social Care, Medical Science, Psychology, Business, Law, Forensic Science
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in a required subject, or equivalent
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS 6.0 (Academic) with a minimum of 5.5 in each component. For more information check out our full entry requirements.