Why study MSc Cyber Security and Human Factors at BU?
- Learn to assess risk, anticipate and manage security incidents; develop and assess security procedures and policies to meet the needs of the computing and security sectors worldwide
- Access to cyber security and digital forensics laboratories with state-of-the-art simulation and analytical systems relevant to intrusion detection, incident management, forensic analysis and system penetration testing, where you can see where cyber attacks are happening all over the world, and how they are being stopped at BU
- Acquire the skills to be ahead of the game and an become an expert on how to protect information, assets, knowledge and intellect
- Gain an understanding of the psychology of cyber security and human factors by investigating threats, vulnerabilities and impact risk, by acknowledging the contagion of fear, uncertainty and doubt and the importance of trust management and information assurance
- Benefit from a work placement, which provides an excellent opportunity for you to gain first-hand work experience and apply the learning that you have acquired
- Draw on our academics' expert knowledge, their research and recent developments in cyber security to gain awareness of current challenges and how to overcome them.
The critical blend of topics that span from the boardroom through to operations has delivered real value.
Michael Eaton, graduate
Work in an area of growth within this important subject area with employment opportunities constantly evolving. As an MSc Cyber Security & Human Factors graduate, you will be prepared to work across the areas of cyber security, online behaviours and academic research.
See what it's like to study this course
Next start date:
September 2022, January 2023, September 2023
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
September start: 1 year full-time, 2 years part-time or 2 years full-time with a 30-week placement, January start: 16 months full-time, 32 months part-time or 24 months with a 30-week placement
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject, or equivalent.
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS 6.0 (Academic) with a minimum of 5.5 in each component. For more information see our full entry requirements.