Why study MSc Internet of Things with Cyber Security at BU?
- Learn how to design and build the next generation of smart devices and networked systems
- Learn what the cyber security risks are and how to design and built safe and trustworthy IoT systems, combining strong theoretical foundations with hands-on experience of designing and developing them
- Be part of our IoT Lab and engage with the research activities of our Department
- Choose option units in Cyber Security, Digital Forensics, Security by Design, Human Factors, and SIEM, and explore an area of interest through research as part of your individual Master's Project
- Use the opportunity of international placements and our career support to enhance your employability and work in a global environment
- Benefit from our close relationships with companies, research and government agencies that are interested in recruiting skilled graduates in the area of the Internet of Things.
IoT will change the way we think about life and work. Global industries such as manufacturing, transportation, logistics, defence, agriculture, infrastructure, retail, healthcare and food services, are already investing heavily in developing their own IoT infrastructures. Work in an area of growth within the fast-developing Internet of Things with employment opportunities constantly evolving.
See what it's like to study this course
Next start date:
January 2024, September 2024, January 2025
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
September start: 1 year full-time, 2 years part-time or 2 years full-time with a 30-week placement, January start: 16 months full-time, 32 months part-time or 24 months with a 30-week placement
All subjects considered
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject or equivalent