Professionals who adopt a planned and structured approach to maintaining and upgrading their skills give themselves and their business a competitive advantage in an ever changing work environment. They can help keep their business one step ahead of the competition by utilising the skills learnt from the subjects within this short course.
Our CPD for retail includes, but is not limited to, the following subjects:
- Store design, layout and merchandising
- International marketing
- The role of the store manager
- Negotiation - principles and techniques
- Identifying and managing “shrinkage”
- Range maintenance - service levels, stock replenishment systems
- Space allocation – macro and micro, plannograms, visual merchandising
- Societal and cultural influences
- Corporate social responsibility and ethics
- International retail divestment
- Current trends and future predictions across major UK retail sectors
- Retail structure and the impact of legislation
- International market scanning
- Fashion marketing, advertising and publicity agencies
- Dynamics of buying, merchandising and SCM
- Marketing and finance in the buying function
- Strategic marketing orientation, branding and positioning
- Experiential marketing and shopper psychology
- National and global sourcing – supplier base development and ethical issues
- The nature and development of e-commerce and its place in retail
- Successful fashion influencers.
Mature student entry requirements subject to level of proposed study.
International entry requirements
We are able to design bespoke CPD programmes to meet the requirements of international employers seeking development of their employees.
If English is not your first language, you will need to provide evidence that you can understand English to a satisfactory level. English language requirements for this course are normally:
- IELTS 7.0 (Academic) or above.
You can also find further details of the international qualifications we accept, and what level of study they apply to, on our international entry requirements page.
How to apply
If you have any further questions about the course, please email Business Development Manager, Claire Main: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call her on 01202 961481.
Alternatively, please contact us for more information.
Embarking on a CPD programme sponsored by your employer will provide you with additional highly marketable skills that enhance your career potential. Success on the programme confirms to your employer (as well as yourself and others) that you are able to rise to the challenge and are fully able to play full part in developing the business. CPD is universally recognised as essential for career development.