Why study Computing & Information Technology at BU?
- BCS accredited – work towards your Chartered IT Professional status: Many of our computing degrees are accredited by the British Computer Society (BCS) and can help you work towards Chartered IT Professional status
- Tailor your studies to your career goals: You’ll be able to build your studies around your career goals. You’ll apply for one of our eight courses in this subject area, but can switch to another specialism at the end of your first year, meaning you can wait until you have a stronger understanding of the subject before committing
- Excellent graduate employment rates: 95% of our graduates are in work or further study within six months of finishing their course, across a diverse range of computing and IT roles
- 30-week industry placement: Gain industry experience on an optional 30-week placement – our placement students have worked for organisations such as Microsoft, Kingfisher, IBM, Hewlett-Packard, Goldman Sachs, and General Electric
- Emphasis on intellectual achievement and employability: Study in a student-centred learning environment – learn how to apply hands-on skills to solve problems, with an emphasis on intellectual achievement and employability
- Constantly evolving to reflect the sector: As the computing sector is constantly changing, so too are our courses. What you study reflects what’s happening in the industry, so you’re well-prepared for the world of work when you graduate