Why study Design & Engineering at BU?
- Study within an experienced and reputable department – BU has been teaching design and engineering courses for more than 25 years
- Relevant courses are accredited by the Institution of Engineering Designers (IED), the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) and the Engineering Council, ensuring you graduate with relevant and sought-after skills
- Our courses have consistently high employment rates, so you know that what you learn in your lectures will have real-world applications and will serve you well once you enter the workplace
- Gain industry experience on an optional placement – among the companies our students have worked for on placement are Jaguar Land Rover, Kondor, GE, Anglepoise, Princess Yachts and Disney
- Exhibit at the Festival of Design & Engineering as a final year student – an opportunity to showcase your work and engage with potential employers
- Follow in the footsteps of BU graduates who have launched life-changing products in areas such as healthcare and flood defence, as well as those that have gone on to work for the likes of Lush and Dyson.